- U of L Board of Trustees approves SAC renovations proposal
- Brief: Ramsey addresses #BBScandal
- Where Louisville basketball stands against Katina Powell
- #BlackLivesMatter co-creator gives U of L Pride Week keynote address
- Why NASA’s discoveries matter
- Do you really need a gun? Or are you doing more harm than good?
- Katina Powell’s book is published
- Reaction: Doubt creeps in for Louisville basketball amidst allegations
- #BBScandal: U of L staffer allegedly paid for prostitutes for players, recruits
- A&S Faculty criticize dean, U of L administration in meeting
LGBT Film Festival to bring cinema and stars to campus
The Floyd Theater in the Student Activites Center at the University of Louisville will host the 2nd Annual LGBT Film Festival Aug. 16 through 19. Over the course of three days, the festival will show 18 selections from this years submissions.
According to the festival’s website, the jury has “screened over 100 films this year and have put together the best possible festival.”
As part of the festival, celebrated country musician Chely Wright will be hosting a VIP Meet & Greet, book signing, and Q & A session after the theatrical debut of her highly anticipated autobiographical film “Wish Me Away”. The film is an intimate documentary of Wright’s experiences when coming out about her sexuality as a country music artist.
The festival will also include a 1920’s-themed Kick-Off Party on Aug. 16 at 7:00 p.m. at the Red Barn on Belknap Campus, sponsored by the U of L Offices for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Services. Parking will be available for free at the University Club parking lot.
All-inclusive festival passes are $30, or $15 for those with a valid student ID. Individual session tickets are available for $5 a piece, or $3 for students. Tickets and passes can be purchased online at www.louisvillelgbtfilmfest.com. The same website also incluldes a full schedule of events for the festival.