- U of L students lead “die-in” for black lives
- Bevin’s board permanently blocked
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
Scene and Heard 4.10.12
This Week–American red cross Blood Drive, Candle Fundraiser, Pi Beta Phi book drive for tornado victims, REACH finals: Now’s the Time, Relay for Life, Kappa Delta Shamrock ‘N Run.
1. American red cross Blood Drive
Looking to help save lives? Bonner Leader’s are hosting a blood drive in the Red Barn. Be someone’s hero. One donation of blood could help save more than one life.
2. Candle Fundraiser
The Women 4 Women chapter at U of L is hosting a candle fundraiser. Candles will be sold for $6 and there are plenty of fragrances to choose from. All the money raised will go toward the College Women’s Leadership Conference being held this summer.
3. Pi Beta Phi book drive for tornado victims
Community members of Henryville, Ind. are trying to pick up the pieces from the tornado that swept through last month. Pi Beta Phi is helping out by holding a philanthropy event. Pi Beta Phi’s cause is literacy, and members are holding a book drive in order to help rebuild the Henryville school system library. Bring books to the Red Barn and then help decorate bookmarks and participate in a speed read.
4. REACH finals: Now’s the Time
It’s almost the end of the semester and finals are right around the corner. Learn tips and tricks to make managing your time and studying easier during finals.
5. Relay for Life
Relay for Life is the main fundraising event for the American Cancer Society. The money raised during this event goes to research to help end the fight against cancer and create more birthdays. To sign up, visit relayforlife.org/uofl.
6. Kappa Delta Shamrock ‘N Run
Kappa Delta Sorority is holding their 6th annual Shamrock ‘N Run 5K, benefitting the Prevent Child Abuse charity. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and the race will start at 9 a.m. The start is rolling. Runners will start at 9 a.m. and walkers will start at 9:15 a.m. All runners who are registered will receive a T-shirt and the money donated will go directly to Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky and Prevent Child Abuse America. These donations will provide rehabilitation and education programs to victims and those accused of child abuse. Register at www.active.com.
Photo courtesy Kappa Delta