- Brief: Students stage sit-in in President Ramsey’s office
- Q&A with Athletic Director Tom Jurich on Ecarma’s Career
- Ecarma reminisces on student experience of 1986 National Championship
- Know your Cardinals: Tennis’ Rex Ecarma
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
- Women’s tennis Senior Day puts tough season in perspective
- Residents prepare for final days of the Complex
- Nine at Louisville apartments to open fall 2016
- RA to lose hourly wage in 2015-2016 academic year
- SGA brief: Senate passes SAC renovation resolution
Scene and Heard 3.20.12
This week–NSCS Bake Sale, Let’s Talk Lunch, Chicago: The Musical, WFPK Live Lunch, Baseball vs. Cincinatti, Mr. Mychal Wynn presents
1. NSCS BAKE SALE
11AM-1PM | SAC, 2nd floor
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars will host a bake sale in the SAC. This monies raised from the bake sale will be donated to the Neighborhood House, a community-based organization which provides programs, services and food to over 200 individuals every day. Come help out a great cause while snacking on some delicious treats.
2. Let’s Talk Lunch
12PM-1PM | Cultural Center, free
The Disability Resource Center will be leading a discussion about microagressions. This subtle form of discrimination is experienced by individuals with disabilities. Free lunch will be provided to those interested in attending.
3. Chicago: The Musical
8PM | Red Barn, $5
The Cardinals for the Appreciation of Musical Theatre will be performing their spring musical “Chicago” this weekend in the Red Barn. “Chicago” is a musical set in Prohibition-era Chicago and is a satire on corruption in the administration of criminal justice and the concept of a “celebrity criminal.” Students must have their student ID to purchase a ticket.
4. WFPK Live Lunch
11:30AM-1PM | Red Barn, free
WFPK will be hosting another Live Lunch on Friday. Bring your lunch, bring your friends and come enjoy great music. Musical guest to be announced.
5. Baseball VS Cincinatti
6PM | Jim Patterson Stadium, free with student ID
The baseball team is hosting the Big East conference members, the Bearcats Friday evening. Can’t make it Friday? Games will also be played Saturday and Sunday at 1. Come support your Cards!
6. Mr. Mychal Wynn presents
9AM-4:30PM | Humanities 100, free
Mychal Wynn presents a professional development workshop hosted by the U of L Minority Teacher Recruitment Project and the College of Education Diversity Committee. Wynn is a consultant, an author of 26 books and a motivational speaker. Wynn will address the challenges and solutions to increasing student achievement and widening the primary to postsecondary path to college.
Photo courtesy Chicago: The Musical