- U of L students lead “die-in” for black lives
- Bevin’s board permanently blocked
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
Former U of L athlete accused of inappropriate relationship with Iroquois High student
Jefferson County Public Schools has fired former University of Louisville student and athlete, 29-year-old Joshua Tinch. The firing follows allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with an Iroquois High School student.
Tinch, who signed with U of L football in 2001 and later joined the basketball team, was fired from his teaching job on Nov. 17. He had been under suspension without pay since late August, reports WAVE 3 News, after JCPS accused Tinch of having sexual relations with the female student.
According to JCPS, an investigation into electronic communications between the two solidified the accusations.
WAVE 3 is reporting Tinch claims no contact with the student, after obtaining documents related to the investigation.