- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
Former U of L athlete accused of inappropriate relationship with Iroquois High student
Jefferson County Public Schools has fired former University of Louisville student and athlete, 29-year-old Joshua Tinch. The firing follows allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with an Iroquois High School student.
Tinch, who signed with U of L football in 2001 and later joined the basketball team, was fired from his teaching job on Nov. 17. He had been under suspension without pay since late August, reports WAVE 3 News, after JCPS accused Tinch of having sexual relations with the female student.
According to JCPS, an investigation into electronic communications between the two solidified the accusations.
WAVE 3 is reporting Tinch claims no contact with the student, after obtaining documents related to the investigation.