- Board OK’s Ramsey’s resignation
- Trustees deciding Ramsey’s fate in private
- Board of Trustees meeting rescheduled for Wednesday
- Brief: Debate on monument re-location begins
- Ramsey’s fate to be decided Tuesday
- Trustees will accept Ramsey’s resignation, students convince board to postpone tuition increase
- Brief: Trustees hastily call meeting, will discuss budget
- Renovation uncovers asbestos, university fined
- Q & A: Crystian Wiltshire, Louisville’s own Romeo
- U of L’s Romeo takes Central Park stage for Kentucky Shakespeare
Former U of L athlete accused of inappropriate relationship with Iroquois High student
Jefferson County Public Schools has fired former University of Louisville student and athlete, 29-year-old Joshua Tinch. The firing follows allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with an Iroquois High School student.
Tinch, who signed with U of L football in 2001 and later joined the basketball team, was fired from his teaching job on Nov. 17. He had been under suspension without pay since late August, reports WAVE 3 News, after JCPS accused Tinch of having sexual relations with the female student.
According to JCPS, an investigation into electronic communications between the two solidified the accusations.
WAVE 3 is reporting Tinch claims no contact with the student, after obtaining documents related to the investigation.