- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
- Meet U of L’s interim vice president and provost
- How James Ramsey fell from grace
- Driver charged with murder of former cheerleader
- Billingsley named interim vice president & provost
- One non-student shot near Bettie Johnson Hall
- Former Louisville cheerleader killed in car accident
- Pinto allays concerns, promises transparency going forward
- Brief: Interim president will speak to press
- Reinstated board chairman plans meeting
Former U of L athlete accused of inappropriate relationship with Iroquois High student
Jefferson County Public Schools has fired former University of Louisville student and athlete, 29-year-old Joshua Tinch. The firing follows allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with an Iroquois High School student.
Tinch, who signed with U of L football in 2001 and later joined the basketball team, was fired from his teaching job on Nov. 17. He had been under suspension without pay since late August, reports WAVE 3 News, after JCPS accused Tinch of having sexual relations with the female student.
According to JCPS, an investigation into electronic communications between the two solidified the accusations.
WAVE 3 is reporting Tinch claims no contact with the student, after obtaining documents related to the investigation.