- SGA Update: Senate talks through proposed meal plan increases
- The Evolution of Trez
- Burning up: Miller students get a rude awakening with fire scare
- East End Crawls as Construction Comes Up
- Tennis’ lone senior to lead underclassmen into ACC
- Get on board: Louisville tennis ready to raise the bar, take on ACC
- From Miss Volleyball to Miss Kentucky: Q & A with Katie George
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
- #SOTU 2015: What you need to know
- Lawyer’s report discredits former Vice President for Human Resources
Former U of L athlete accused of inappropriate relationship with Iroquois High student
Jefferson County Public Schools has fired former University of Louisville student and athlete, 29-year-old Joshua Tinch. The firing follows allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with an Iroquois High School student.
Tinch, who signed with U of L football in 2001 and later joined the basketball team, was fired from his teaching job on Nov. 17. He had been under suspension without pay since late August, reports WAVE 3 News, after JCPS accused Tinch of having sexual relations with the female student.
According to JCPS, an investigation into electronic communications between the two solidified the accusations.
WAVE 3 is reporting Tinch claims no contact with the student, after obtaining documents related to the investigation.