- Louisville defeats FIU 34-3
- Women’s soccer opens ACC play with 1-0 win over Syracuse
- No sweat? Campus activists seek to ensure international worker’s rights
- The Clubhouse, new off-campus housing option, to open in fall 2015
- McConnell Center celebrates Constitution day
- Gorgui Dieng carries Senegal in FIBA World Cup
- Darrell Griffith teams up with Healthy Hoops for asthma awareness
- Student assaulted near campus
- Brief: President delivers state of the university address
- University honors 78 faculty members at faculty excellence dinner
Former U of L athlete accused of inappropriate relationship with Iroquois High student
Jefferson County Public Schools has fired former University of Louisville student and athlete, 29-year-old Joshua Tinch. The firing follows allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with an Iroquois High School student.
Tinch, who signed with U of L football in 2001 and later joined the basketball team, was fired from his teaching job on Nov. 17. He had been under suspension without pay since late August, reports WAVE 3 News, after JCPS accused Tinch of having sexual relations with the female student.
According to JCPS, an investigation into electronic communications between the two solidified the accusations.
WAVE 3 is reporting Tinch claims no contact with the student, after obtaining documents related to the investigation.