- Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
- Local man robbed at gunpoint near Cardinal Towne
- Cheerleader found dead at Cardinal Towne
- Brief: Security increases on Health Sciences campus after armed robberies
- Changes coming to Fourth Street near campus
- Interactive: Crime Log at U of L
- President Ramsey given raise, reviews year
- Op-Ed: Stop passing the cost to students
- President Ramsey receives performance review
- New associate vice president for alumni relations appointed
Former U of L athlete accused of inappropriate relationship with Iroquois High student
Jefferson County Public Schools has fired former University of Louisville student and athlete, 29-year-old Joshua Tinch. The firing follows allegations he had an inappropriate relationship with an Iroquois High School student.
Tinch, who signed with U of L football in 2001 and later joined the basketball team, was fired from his teaching job on Nov. 17. He had been under suspension without pay since late August, reports WAVE 3 News, after JCPS accused Tinch of having sexual relations with the female student.
According to JCPS, an investigation into electronic communications between the two solidified the accusations.
WAVE 3 is reporting Tinch claims no contact with the student, after obtaining documents related to the investigation.